Wednesday, June 16, 2010

another thing about airports then I will stop

There are these electric golf carts that run people around the airport....you've seen them if you've been anywhere. Most of them tool along, quietly saying excuse me, or car on your left. But I have listened to this robust woman drive this one car up and down this corridor for the last 3 hours screaming: " ELECTRIC CAR COMING THROUGH, CAR COMING THROOOOUGH!!!"

I can't imagine working here daily hearing this. I bet at least one employee here has woke in a cold sweat hearing that voice.
And I will go to hell for saying this, but there are some damned sorry looking people in this world. I am not talking the walmart look, although, that's fashion statement is pervasive. No, I am talking about people that if you sharpened their teeth, they would pass as Gollum. Swear to God. And it's not any particular race....I have seen all kinds of Gollums....a little Phillipino Gollum damn near made me run.

It also struck me how funny it is watching people with their shit. All the shit we carry around, and keep so close to us in the airport for fear someone might touch it accidentally, and we would be forced to report them as terrorists....and then the TSA again. So we run around clutching all this shit. Which, is maybe ok, until you get to the rest room. I watched a line of guys trying to figure out how to put their bags around their necks without choking, while balancing their laptops on their heads, praying out loud that it not drop and hit the floor. Because of course, not only are they standing in someone elses urine, they themselves are adding too it because of the strangling that's occuring from the bag around their neck. I tell you, true chaos.

Ok, I am now 10 mins from boarding a plane....I hope. I have my ONE bag (me being unwilling to drop something in the restroom....I check my bags), and its full of what I need to entertain myself for the next 4 hours in Vegas.
Wish me luck.....

No comments: