Sunday, June 27, 2010

And I Want To Thank...

Made it home today and I just can't put into words how much more it meant to me than I thought it would. You know how you watch the Academy Awards and you want to see who the winners are and you want to hear what they say...that one majical moment when somebody says something significant:
Came into town off of 200 just off the interstate and Chick Beckley is coming down the road on his motorcycle and he says to me, Chris! I was just coming to see if you were here!
Coming into the parking lot I received a warm reception. Thank you. I want to thank all of you who came out to greet me, my hug from Ramona, hand shakes from Jake and Jared...I don't want to forget anyone! Thank you Todd for getting me soap! Kalen for fixing my helmets and intercoms. I want to thank service, Luke, Grant, Todd, Kalen, Bill, Ray, Arland, Doug, Mike, and Ernie!
Mike Riley, thank you!
God if I'm forgetting you please forgive me!
Jake who sold a Roadglide to a rider named Russell who was on the brink of throwing in the towell when his bike broke down today and the airport and his wife back home starting calling to him. Jake went to Julia and said we have to make this happen for this guy so he can finish this race.
Arland who brought shop towels to dry off with...its the little things you know. I could barley walk and he's helping me get shit off of my bike. Thank you.
You guys honor me so much for doing so much. Jerry, Kelcee, Larry, Ramona, Kris, Mike H, Steve, Emily, Jess. Julia for selling the shit out of Ducati underwear to Harley true bloods before our doors were even open.
The separating factor between MTHD and the last three HD shops has been our people. Everyone has come up to me and thanked me for such a great store! And it is all of you, those who stayed late, came early, mike, Julia...coming in because you loved the people who were in this and realized what an epic adventure this really is. You know, there are less than 60 competitive riders still in this to win and I am one of them and that is so cool. And there is no way that I could have done it without you guys. Doug the tires are great and it is running better than ever and I am riding this hwy tonight feeling like I could win...feeling like a winner already. So I want to thank you.
Thank my children, I know you are not used to seeing your dad cry but it was so great to see you and you are so beautiful and thank you Darla for taking such good care of our kids while I am gone.
I know I could not have done this without the support behind me...there has been thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars spent by riders to purchase support teams and I am a blessed man that my team of supporters is all of you, and worth your weight in Alaskan gold!
Thank you again Jeff, my Montana connection in Florida...he made a huge difference for me. Ride safe my friend as you travel back home this week.
I feel like I am a better person than who I was, and I don't know if that can be attributed to the motorcycle ride or the sleep deprivation, maybe Ill wake up in Homer the same asshole that I was, but maybe not.
I am riding for all of you...and to quote the great Bette Midler, "You are the wind beneath my wings."
lol

No comments: