Thursday, June 17, 2010

Did I mention my leg

Ok, So there is also this problem with my leg. I slid into second base on Sunday trying to be a hero. Yeah, I was safe, but a significant price paid. Although the scrape looks bad, its worse than that. I have a legitimately infected raw hunk of meat, and I am now concerned. i am going to see what a lot of sunshine will do for it tomorrow. This picture is from day one. The one from today is worse.
Oh, and I did finally make it to Key West. 8pm tonight. Met Jeff at Peterson's HD, which I have to tell you is a great family owned dealership. Super helpful. I take my hat off to you Mr. Peterson. You run a great shop.
It took 4 hours to ride to the keys from Miami however. its 45 mph the whole way, so it makes 150 miles into a long distance.
Anyway, will write the whole story tomorrow. But I am here, and my luggage is still not, but I just ate some awesome sushi, and I am happy now.


2 comments:

weathermanbob said...

Hope the sunshine works for you and it heals. Too bad you weren't coming through Maine, it's beautiful today.

Chris said...

thanks for everything bob. I appreciate the encouragement. Hot out here!